QUICK-LINKS: Convention of BD BD in the Cook Islands BD Resources Ridge to Reef Access and Benefit Sharing
In accordance with Section 18.3 of the United National Convention on Biological Diversity, this website has been developed as the Cook Islands clearinghouse mechanism for disseminating information about Biodiversity, specifically in order to:
- promote and facilitate technical and scientific cooperation between countries;
- provide a global mechanism for exchanging and integrating information on biodiversity;
- and provide a human and technological network connected to biodiversity.
The site basically covers three core areas:
- The UN Convention on Biological Diversity and its associated links to global partners and activities
- Biodiversity in the Cook Islands. This section features the latest National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan 2016-2020 and Biodiversity-related activities in the Cook Islands.
- The Cook Islands Database which has been developed by the Cook Islands Natural Heritage Trust in collaboration with the Bishop Museum. This section also includes locally produced resources as well as links to other educational and informational resources that can be used by our schools and communities to raise awareness about the importance of conserving our biodiversity.